Chinese company OnePlus unveiled its successor to the first flagship phone at its Shenzhen headquarters. Images of the new model were leaked ahead of its reveal event, news outlets reported.. After many leaks and rumours, OnePlus has announced the new OnePlus 2. It is launched only in China & will be Available After 11 August in India.
- OnePlus has included a new Alert Slider in the OnePlus 2 which is a dedicated hardware switch at the sides of the device to control notification settings.
- Unlike its predecessor, OnePlus 2 sports a hardware button below the screen that houses the integrated fingerprint scanner that can store up to 5 fingerprints. The company claims that its fingerprint sensor is faster than Apple’s TouchID scanner.
- The smartphone uses in-cell display technology for better sunlight legibility, and has 178-degree viewing angles. In dark mode, the display will also get much dimmer, so that the screen can be viewed without straining the eyes.
- OnePlus 2 has a 16GB storage variant also, which comes with Snapdragon 810 processor and 3GB RAM.
- OnePlus has introduced a new Alert Slider that allows you to turn the phone to silent mode with just a push, similar to what we have seen in iPhones.
- Unlike most smartphones, which are thinner and lighter than their predecessors, the new OnePlus 2 is thicker and heavier (OnePlus 2: 9.85mm, 175 grams; OnePlus One: 8.9mm, 162 grams).
- OnePlus One is a single-sim handset, even though most of its rivals offered dual-sim variants, which are more popular in emerging markets. This time around, though, OnePlus is offering both single- and dual-sim versions of the new smartphone to users.